[pct-l] Re: Renting a bear-container

Stan:

Check with the Inyo National Forest.  Last Fall we did the JMT and some
trail friends returned their cannisters to the Inyo National Forest
Office in either Lone Pine or Independence (where they had rented
them--sorry, I can't remember which town).  You can also rent them from
the Inyo National Forest Office in Mammoth Lakes.

We rented ours in Yosemite Valley, but I think you can rent them at the
wilderness office in Tuolumne Meadows.  Renting from Yosemite is a
little cheaper than Inyo National Forest--$5.00 for two weeks per cannister.

Have a good trip.

Dave Duncan