[pct-l] film and X-rays

Hi folks-

sorry if my address has quotes in it.  as far as i can tell, the address
is entered correctly in my address book.  So, I don't know whats happening.

1.  Can any tell me if sending film in my resupply box will get X-rayed?
 and if there is a difference betw. UPS and US mail on the X-ray policy.

As far as flying goes, I was told to have film in my carry on  and ask
security to hand check it, not to run it through the X-ray machine.

2.  Also, is there a trick to reducing the weight of many film canisters
in your pack?  i.e. carrying them in a ziplock instead of the little
film vials.

Thanks for all the help.  This list has been VERY helpful and , for the
most part, encouraging.  Wish us luck on our upcoming JMT hike.  A
report will follow.

Best Regards to all,

Grateful Nate