[pct-l] Navagation w/o guide book in N. Ca.

Does anyone have any advice about what to do for
navigation in the northern part of California since
the old guidebook is out of print and the new one
won't be out until October? The key here is low cost
and as much info as possible.

Thanks,
David Winn

=====
Fear is the mind killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will allow it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.               -From DUNE by Frank Herbert( p225)