[pct-l] Resending for AOL people (admin)

I'm still working on the list computers, so I'm gonna make this brief:

- The list was down over the past week due to AOL blocking all of
backcountry.net email.  This caused the queue to overflow and the
software to pretty much eat itself .   I left the lists up, but it
didn't process any mail once this happened.

- I've been calling AOL's SysAdmin line for days and days now, each time
a long distance call-  they're basically useless.  I would encourage AOL
subscribers to think about this the next time they renew their
subscription.    If you want to complain to AOL (which many of you
have), you can reference MAIL ticket #498078.

- I kept updating the web page at www.backcountry.net during this
outage- so if you want to see the saga...

- Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement and responses to my
test emails.  I opted to take this time to fix the mail transport so a
similar problem won't occur in the future.  Unfortunately, this meant
everyone lost their settings (which the exception of digest).   I was
not aware this would happen, as the documentation indicated it would
not.  I apologize for this.

- AOL subscribers should be back on our lists later today.  I've
installed a new relay server at a secret, undisclosed location that can
get the mail to AOL.   AOL subscribers will be getting a new
subscription like the rest of us shortly.

- I'll be adding the other lists back in soon, assuming no further
problems.  (I'll resend this email then)