[pct-l] giga and white gas

Carl,

Oddly your message did not get to my mailbox via the
PCT list.  Instead, someone forwarded it to me.

In addition to being a high school teacher, I am also
a pilot. I am aware of the hazards that are taken on
board of planes.  There are items that are much more
dangerous than giga-power cannisters on board of most
cargo planes.  Also, there are parts of the structure
of jets that are much more dangerous than a giga-power
cannister or a white gas can.

I asked the question because I know that people
frequently send such items on planes, and I have never
heard of a JET going down because of flammable camping
equipment.  Ever.

Sending something "ground" using any service in
Alaska, especially where I live, often times involves
a boat or a lengthy truck ride that takes quite a long
time- months in my experience.  Priority mail can take
over a week, but is much less expensive than some of
the special courier services that are used by
businesses.

That is why I am asking about priority mail.   From
your message, it sounds like it is not worth it. And
actually, having had problems with the FAA, I know
that nothing is worth FAA harassment. I just wondered
if anyone has ever been caught.  And the answer was:
no, even though I know several people on the list have
mailed gas and cannisters.

Perhaps I will get someone in the lower 48 to send my
resupplies.  It's going to take a lot of additional
time and money to do that, though.  Thanks for your
input.

Regards,

william