[pct-l] margarine on the trail

Col. Sanders (the fried chicken king) supplies margarine
in small sealed packets for their take-out customers.  I
asked to buy several dozen for a JMT trip a few years
ago, and the manager of our local store just gave me
a big sackfull.

I have used these in the past.. they seem to keep OK,
(at least in my case about 6 weeks) but will liquify
if they get hot.  The only problem I experienced with
them was having a packet burst.. a real mess in the
food sack!  I typically used one or two, added to a
FD or dehydrated meal.

. .  Kurt

Kurt P. Herzog
Grants Pass, OR 97526