[pct-l] fuel and resupply stations/snowpack

Hi-

My wife and I are going to use a Gigapower titanium stove for our JMT
hike.  Just wondering about how many fuel canisters to plan on using.
 Most of our dinners are of the Lipton-type, or Mac 'N' Cheese, plus a
hot cuppa once a day.

Question #2:  We start June 8, hiking S to N.  We were going to send
food and boxes to VVR, Reds and Tuolumne.  However, according to the
rangers, Tuolumne  might not be open if there is late snow.  They said
some years it's open Memorial Day, some years not until July 4.  Then
what?  Is this true for Red's too ? Do we hitch into towns for
food...and what happens to our food boxes.  Do they eventually get sent
 home?  Can anyone offer some advice on how to safely plan for this?
 And how do PCT hikers deal with this dilemma?

Thanks a bunch,

Nate