[pct-l] new member with questions

--
I did the JMT (John Muir Trail) in the High Sierra of California  in
1998 with no water treatment.  just scoop and drink.

I have also passed many many other hikers who got giardia from
drinking water at lower elevations, especially near livestock.
(although I hear that there is not necessarily a connection to
livestock)

peace,
dude