[pct-l] mp3 or mini-disk?

I think the mini disk player would take more power. I can get 8+ hours of
playing time from a pair of AAA batteries in my Samsung Yepp MP3 player.

With an MP3 player with removable media (smart card or flash or such) it is
pretty easy to swap out the cards.

If you resample your mp3s to a lower rate, you can get most of the files
down to about half the file size. The quality suffers but I can fit about
60 songs on the 128Meg smart card. You could mail them home for new music,
if you have someone who can do that for you.

I use the dBpowerAMP Music Converter, http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm to
do the resampling. I'm sure there are other programs that do the same.

The YP-NDU64NF Techno Yepp player has a built in FM radio. I'd bet that
other do too.

--
Brick Robbins                       mailto:brick@fastpack.com