[pct-l] water caches

> Could someone who was at the Morena bash please
> list the water caches for those of us not blessed
> enough to attend. Thanks Mother Goose

Uh, yeah, already did that, but I'll do it again!!! Here it is with a few
updates as noted:

>From the ADZPCTKO water report April 26 for those who were not there but
heading out soon:

* Campo Creek and the creek beyond flowing.
* Hauser Creek is dry.
* Lake Morena Campground has water.
* Cottonwood Creek is dry.
* Boulder Oaks Campground closed but water is on.
* Kitchen Creek has water.
* Fred Canyon has water.
* Long Canyon has more water.
* Burnt Rancheria Campground water is on.
* GATR/Penny Pines/Noble Canyon Trail water is on.
* Tank is full at Pioneer Mail Picnic Area.
* Lucky 5 cache in place, will be restocked April 27.
* NO water in tank at Mason Valley Truck Trail.
* NO water in Chariot Canyon at PCT and NONE for one mile downstream and
one-half mile upstream. Some suggest going further upstream, but I would
suggest the next source.
* Water in tank at Rodriguez Spur Truck Trail where PCT goes through a
cattle gate. Tank is 75 feet to the left when northbound.
* Cache at Scissors Crossing will be restocked periodically.
* San Felipe Creek is flowing.
* Water cache in San Felipe Hills at 3rd gate (at top of Map A-12) - had 39
gallons on April 29, with another 27 gallons 1.25 miles off trail.Warner
Springs town.
* Agua Caliente Creek is flowing.
* Lost Valley Spring flowing well.
* NO water in private tank near Chihuahua Valley Road. NEW April 30: I've
heard a cache will be set up there on May 3 and restocked on May 17. This
may not be reliable given the remote location, so if there's water take only
what you need for the 10 miles to Tule Spring.
* Tule Spring tank has water.
* NO water in Nance Canyon.
* Cache on sandy jeep road (Table Mtn Truck Trail?)

REMEMBER: Cache's could be gone when you arrive, so do NOT count on them.
Take only what you need, preferably no more than 2 quarts. If you have extra
water, leave it!

AsABat