[pct-l] Re: PCT-L Section Hikers Ho!

on 4/28/03 10:00 AM, Marion Davison <mardav@charter.net> wrote:

> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:07:05 -0700
> From: Marion Davison <mardav@charter.net>
> Subject: [pct-l] Section Hikers Ho!
>
> Now that the main body of thru-hikers is on the trail, this list could
> get v-e-r-y quiet.  It's time for the section hikers to weigh in and let
> us know what you are up to this summer.

I can't take more than two weeks off from work at a time, so I have to hike
in sections. My plan is to leave Cascade Locks Labor Day Weekend and get to
White Pass by Sept. 13th. (After a few years, I hope to have hiked the
entire trail in Washington state.) The first week I will probably be solo.
Then I will meet up with three fellow hikers where the Forest Service Road
crosses the PCT on its way to Trout Lake. I'm trying to convince my friends
to go as light as possible, but this will be their first trip in years and
they are still stuck in the 1980s for gear.

I'm looking forward to hiking the Goat Rocks section again, which I
traversed last year. Even Flyin' Brian named it as one of his favorite
sections of the whole 2,650 miles. I'm hoping to run across a few through
hikers when I go this year. Best of luck to all the Class of 2003!

Tom Griffin
Seattle, WA
PCT pages: http://staff.washington.edu/griffin/pct.html