From: Eric Lehman [mailto:e_lehman@theory.lcs.mit.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 8:01 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] two questions

I have two questions that are probably pretty standard.

1=2E  I'll be going N -> S on the JMT starting July 6.  If this remains an
    average-ish snow year, is an ice axe essential?  A good idea?  Not
    worth the weight?

2=2E  My wife and I would like to make a quilt.  Down seems to be
    very expensive and difficult to work with.  Are there places that
    sell Polarguard 3D or some comparable synthetic insulation in
    suitably small quantities?  (I guess I'm hoping they are cheaper
    and easier to handle...)

/Eric