[pct-l] Border Crossing

Quite some time ago I went into Canada from Maine by rental car and did not
hand in my entry card at the US border post. When I got back to the States
8 months later they gave me a hard time suspecting I was working in the
States.
Last year after finishing the LT I left Maine again for Canada but this
time stopped at the US border post. They told me I could keep the entry
card if I would come back within 6 months from my initial entry. I must
mention that I hold a Swiss passport with a US visa entitling me to stay
for 6 months.
So my plan for N-S PCT would be to fly to Seattle then take the bus to
Canada without handing in my entry card and then re-enter the States. I
still would apply for the special form to enter the States via the green
border just in case I would run into a border patrol. The Canada entry card
I may send to the Canadian embassy when back in Switzerland. I think this
procedure is legal and should not cause too much trouble.
Matterhorn AT01