Sierra Snow (was Re: [pct-l] jmt in june)

--
Greg, earlier you appraised a June 1st start date from
Kennedy Meadows. Do you still have 'faith' in that

Scott Parks

My faith in that prediction is a bit shaky now with the lightly significant
storms hitting one after another recently and maintaining the temperatures
lower than would have been had they not rolled through.  However, the
temperature can shift massively in a very short time and the meltoff can then
proceed fast as hell and still prove me right.  What I see also is that the
snow in the extreme southern Sierra is less than a foot.  So even if the
storms drop another 6 inches on this and then it warms up the meltoff time
will be rather short.

My crystal snow ball is a bit hazy right now!

Greg