[pct-l] On the trail again...

G=92Day mates!!

Another adventure is about to begin=85

I'll be hiking the PCT this year.  I leave for California tomorrow and
expect to start hiking on Thursday or Friday.  I=92ll be at the ADZPCTKO and
hope to meet a lot of people from the various hiking related lists I
frequent.

I=92ll be traveling to the trailhead and starting my hike with Shutterbug
(AT98).  We have no idea for how long we=92ll actually hike together, but at
least we=92ll be starting off together.

If you want to get in touch with me as I hike, I expect to receive mail at
m_factor@hotmail.com periodically.  Please use plain text if possible and
definitely keep me off email lists.  I will be unsubscribing from this list
later today.

Cindy, a long-time lurker on the AT-L and PCT-L lists, and a former coworker
of mine, is taking on the task of deciphering my handwriting and sending my
journal entries to my mailing list, the TravelsAndTrails Yahoo egroup.
Anyone can join and keep up with me as I travel (see below).

I=92m also hoping to meet up with friends along the way so if you are (or w=
ill
be) in the neighborhood, let me know.  Hopefully we can meet up someplace.

Some friends have asked me about maildrops.  At the current time, I have no
list of maildrops.  I expect to mostly self-resupply as I go for this trip.
But, I will be mailing myself some supplies along the way.  If I manage to
pull together a list of those places, I will send the list in a journal
entry (likely) and try to get it posted on my web site (not as likely).

You can find my web site at:

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/

It includes a link to my TravelsAndTrails mailing list as well as a new link
to a page with all of the journal entries I sent from Australia and New
Zealand this past January to March.

Mara
Stitches (AT99, PCT03)

P=2ES.  To get on the TravelsAndTrails list, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TravelsAndTrails/ .  If you are not already a
member of Yahoo!, you must join Yahoo before you can join the group.  Once
you are a member of Yahoo, you can join the TravelsAndTrails (one word)
group.

TravelsAndTrails allows only moderators to post so there=92s very little
traffic.  In the three months I was traveling in Australia and New Zealand,
I sent just 30 messages =96 and that was when I had easy access to computers
and was transcribing my own journal.  For the PCT hike, I suspect there will
be, on average, even fewer entries but those are likely to have more days in
each email.

If you join the list, you can choose to get individual emails, daily digest,
or read on-line.  I don=92t recommend daily digest as there are going to be
very few days (possibly none) with more than one entry and the individual
email subject lines are more descriptive than that of the digest.  If you
read on-line at Yahoo!, you can avoid the extraneous and annoying ads by
clicking on Messages (on the left) and then Expand Messages (near the top of
the message listing) to see 15 messages at a time with no ads.

http://join.msn.com/?page=3Dfeatures/junkmail