[pct-l] Esbit Tab tested

--
 I broke down and bought a dozen esbit tabs today at Big 5 for 5.99. In test
today with my MSR windscreen with holes and homemade flat stand one tab
didn't boil 500cc's of water in an open 1.4 liter pot with outdoor temp at 58
degrees. Tablet burned 11 and 28 seconds. Cost is 50 cents a piece.
    Homemade Alcohol burner boiled the same 500cc's in 5 minutes and 18
seconds with no lid. Cost of Alcohol is about a third if using Heet gas tank
dryer.
   Esbit is a good backup , performance is not up with alcohol  though and
the bottom of my pot was a mess. Monte