[pct-l] RE: PCT-L digest, Vol 1 #859 - 10 msgs

Does anyone have any advice they would like to pass on regarding the
incorporation of a Mt. Rainer climb while hiking the PCT?  I would be
attempting the summit sometime in late August or early September.  Ideas on
necessary equipment and type of footwear would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if anyone knows of a reputable guide that would take the time
necessary to insure a successful summit, that would be great.  Do you really
need 12 pt crampons and plastic boots for this climb?  I don't have any
mountaineering experience but this seems like a bit of over kill, as I
understand there is hardly any "technical" climbing required for this
summit.  Thanks for any info.
Jared