[pct-l] Water to Scissors Crossing

--
Hiked from Mason Valley Truck Trail (Map A10) to Scissors Crossing (Map A11=
) today.

Water:
* The water tank at Mason Valley Truck Trail (A10 4690-1.1) was empty.
* There is a concrete water tank at the Rodriguez Spur Truck Trail just 75 =
feet off the PCT where it goes through a gate (A10 3650-2.0). It was full o=
n April 19 and even had a gallon paint can with a rope to lift the water up=
 out of the top of the tank.
* Water cache at crossing of Highway S2 (A11 2275-0.8) was well supplied.
* San Felipe Creek (A11 2250-0.2) at Scissors Crossing was flowing (oozing?=
) well.

There was NO natural water between these points. We did not go off trail to=
 look for water such as in Chariot Canyon or Rodriguez Canyon.

Fire:
The guidebook mentions, perhaps based on my reports from last summer, to be=
 alert for trail junctions because of burned up signs. The PCTA volunteers =
have done a great job of fixing this problem, and every junction we came to=
 was well signed. Thanks!

The hillsides are greening up nice after the fire, with lots of flowers. Th=
e cactus and agave are starting to bloom. The bad news is there are no bush=
es for shade in this area. The good news is that the views and breezes are =
not blocked by bushes.

See you at the kickoff.

AsABat