[pct-l] Re: Mountain Hardware

Interesting article, but I do feel bad for Mt Hardware.

A few quick thoughts...

On 4/16/03 8:43 PM, "Lonetrail@aol.com" <Lonetrail@aol.com> wrote:

>> Now this same network will handle all of Mountain Hardwear's gear. "They've
>> got good quality now, but in apparel we think we can get Mountain Hardwear
>> to higher quality levels," says Boyle.

Mt Hardware is so far above and beyond Columbia (R&D, quality...), I don't
know how he could make a claim like this.

>> He insists all this can happen without any slip in Mountain Hardwear's
>> commitment to creating the kind of gear that would have turned the first
>> Everest ascent into a cakewalk.

Sounds like the author of this article is a proud owner of some fine pieces
of Columbia clothing... First assent of Everest and cakewalk should never be
in the same sentence.

Even the biggest gear-heads on this list will tell you it's not just the
gear that makes a thru-hike or expedition successful.

-Brad