[pct-l] PCT Manning Park to Cascade Locks

In a message dated 4/15/03 10:58:55 PM, david.booth@centrelink.gov.au writes:

<< My name is David Booth (notrailname). I am joining the list today. I am
from Australia and have done a few l solo walks here in Australia.and I am
planning to walk NS from Manning Park to Cascade Locks.
I would appreciate any advice about a suitable date to start this year. I
was planning to start around first week in August. Also any advice re
transport from Cascade locks back to civilisation?
best regar >>

August 1 should be just fine, and Cascade Locks is on a major highway so
transportation via Greyhound Bus should not be a problem - just go to
Portland, about 50 miles west. Best Wa. weather is between July 15 and Aug
20, with a less than 10% chance of rain on any given day during the period -
translate that to two or three showery days. Any other time is up for grabs,
and I never backpack in June any more - just day hikes