[pct-l] waiting for a table (was: section B resupply)

> > Just a work of warning: We went to this restaurant for breakfast in
2000.
> > After the mile walk we discovered that the restaurant didn't open until
> > noon.  :(
>
> Same story in 2001.  We got there at 10AM...and waited. Left at 1PM .  It
was
> worth the wait. Still walked back to the trail and up to the Desert

In 1977, one of the attractions that kept us heading north toward Oregon was
Callahans Restaurant (no lodge back then). It had been written up in the
1974 guidebook as "the best dining place along or near the entire tri-state
Pacific Crest Trail" and that their "dinners included all the salad, soup,
and spaghetti you could eat." Magic words to someone who's just hiked 1500
miles. We put on our running shoes (we normally wore 6-pound boots!) and
trucked 21 miles (a long day for us) to get there in time for the 5:00
opening. We were greeted by the sign, "CLOSED MONDAY."

We camped on their front porch and waited until Tuesday.

It was worth the wait, but didn't quite live up to expectations. They cut us
off after only about four platters of spaghetti.

Carl