From: "Eric and Ingrid Glazzard" <glazzard@anandabell.net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 10:52 AM
Subject: [pct-l] South to North or North to South; Which will it be?

> --
> Dear fellow PCT'ers....

information passed around is so helpful. Thank you!

> For a few years now, my girlfriends and I have been part of a hiking group
called "Women Who Run with the Chipmunks."  This year, we are planning a six
week hike on the PCT from July 6 to August 16. We are still debating if we
should start at Kennedy Meadows and end up at Echo Lake or.... start up near
Desolation Wilderness and end our hike either up Mount Whitney or nearby.
Does anyone have any thoughts which way would be better to go especially
with regards to snow/ice conditions on the trail, mosquitos, etc.