[pct-l] Trail user fees.

David Davis wrote:

> I thought this sounded like a great idea, so I went to my local National
> Park HQ yesterday to buy the Golden Access pass.  They informed me that the
> Golden Access is only good for ENTRANCE FEES.  They said that the Adventure
> Pass is a USE FEE, not an ENTRANCE FEE, and therefore Golden Access can not
> be substituted for Adventure Pass.

Both the rangers (and I use that term to imply a jelly-doughnut eating, uniform
wearing, public trough feeding, kiosk staffing official ranger) at the Laguna
Mt. station, and at the Alpine NFS headquarters told us to leave the access pass
on the dash of the car in lieu of the Adventure Pass.  However, in specific fee
areas, such as the Burnt Rancheria Campground, the Access pass will only reduce
the tariff.  (In that specific case, by half.)  I couldn't begin to guess which
of the two headquarter individuals were spouting the appropriate gospel, but
I'll be obeying the one given to us at the Alpine headquarters.  <g>

I didn't ask, don't believe in rocking the boat, as to why the blue disabled
placard wouldn't suffice, in as much as there is already legistlation in place
which allows the disabled parking access anywhere accept red zones and a few
other specific sites.

Eckert