[pct-l] Summit Valley Country Store

Here's my two cents:

In 2001, this store was a great stop on a crazily hot day.  Cold beverages
and snacks were WONDERFUL.  The man who owned the store in 2001 was very
cool to us.  He let us use his computer to check email, and spent a long
time listening to us talk trail.  He even had a photo album and took
polaroids of all the hikers.  It reminded me of some of the places on the
AT, where you can see pictures of people who came thru a few days or a few
years before you.

In 2002, I didn't go to the store, because I had heard that it was closed.
People who went thru section C just a few days after me said the store had
opened.  I guess there are new owners.

I don't remember anyone mentioning getting a maildrop at the store either
year.  You really don't need one, cause it's only 90 - 105 miles from Big
Bear City to Wrightwood (mileage depends on how you go into each of those
towns).