[pct-l] Gear for a few days in Southern California?

Hello All

I'll be heading over from the UK for the ADZ... I won't have long on this
trip, but hopefully will get in a few days hiking after the event.  I just
wonder if someone could give me an idea of weather conditions likely for
Lake Morena and the few sections north.

My guess is that it will be way too hot for an out of condition Englishman
coming out of a comfortable English winter spent in front of the pub's log
fire, so I wont' be doing a huge amount of milage! I just need to know what
to bring and what not to bother with.

Raingear?
Will I need full waterproofs or can I get away with a water repellent wind
shirt and pants.

Will it freeze at night?
I've a down bag rated to -5c (is that about 25f?) is it enough?

Heat?

Well I think I'll just sit out the hottest part of the days! Though I hear
an umbrella is useful, especially if I'm not going to bother with full rain
gear.

Water?
I've enough platypus bottles for 7 litres I doubt I could carry more than
that anyway, so hopefully that will be enough.  Should I bring a filter,
mine weighs a pound so it's quite a burden if it's not going to be used.

grateful for any comments on the above

Richard Hare