[pct-l] Trail user fees.

They did make it confusing by starting all the names with Golden.
Anyone can buy an Golden Eagle Pass.  It is a good thing to do if you
are
visiting several national parks in one year, because it can save you
money on
entrance fees in the long run.  Instead of paying every time you enter a
park,
you pay one fee for the year and enter all the parks you want.  As far
as I know
it doesn't get you any other tour or camping discount.
People over 62 years of age can buy a Golden Age Pass.  It costs ten
bucks and
is good for the rest of your life.  It gets you free entry into parks
and half
price on campsites for everyone in your vehicle.  It gets you half price
on tour
costs for the old person only.  For example when we visit Carlsbad
Cavern this
year we both get in the park for free.  We are taking six cave tours.  I
pay
full adult price and he pays half price for the tours.  We are spending
35 days
in Yosemite backcountry and parts north and south.  We get through the
gate for
free, pay half price for the first night's camp in Yosemite horse camp,
and get
to park in Tuolumne free for the month.  Others could be charged $20 per
week
for parking in the park when they go through the gate to  exit the park,
if
anyone is at the gate checking the date on your entry receipt.  In my
experience
they don't man all the gates 24 hours  a day.   Regarding the Adventure
Pass,
when we use the Golden Age Pass and buy the pass at a ranger station, we
pay $15
instead of $30.  Stores don't have to give the discount.
As stated in other messages, Golden Access pass is for permanently
disabled and
blind people only so I don't know what it gets them.  I would bet it is
the same
as the Golden Age pass, benefit-wise.
llamalady