[pct-l] A few questions...

--
Hey Shooter.  Welcome to the list, and congratulations on your graduation!

I'm not clear if your gear list includes alternatives or if you propose to
carry all of it.  I suggest you leave most of the redundancies home.  Gear:
Leave the bivy.  First Aid:  Take the ibuprofen.  Leave the codeine, aspirin,
Tylenol.  Leave the alcohol pads.  Too much packaging, and that's what
alcohol stove fuel is for.  Don't forget the sunscreen.

Cooking:  Bring a pot.  Leave the teakettle home.  You can't eat out of a
teakettle.

Well, you get the idea.  Take what you will need.

1. Alcohol stoves, how much fuel does it take to boil 16 oz of water?

Two tablespoons if you use a CatStove.  A 500 ml (16.9 oz) bottle of
denatured should last you more than a week if you heat two pints of water per
day.

2. Snow travel gear, should I bring a full ice axe or the new black diamond
wippet handle(i know
how to use an axe, and use the BD trekking poles already)?

There are a couple places in the Sierra where proper self-arrest with a full
ice axe could save your hide.  I really like trekking poles, but not for
self-arrest.

4. snow travel gear, full size traction devices (mini crampons) or just like
a ball of your foot
crampon?

Just my opinion, but I would leave the crampons home.
_____

Hello all, let me introduce myself as this is my first posting.  My name is
Shaun Carrigan, trail