[pct-l] Clothing

Unless the weather really gets nasty (not likely), you should find it warm
and dry. And when you hike, you will be really warm. At night, try a
sleeping bag. But, I would always be prepared. You will be at high altitudes
and anything could happen. I have been rained on and hailed on, but it still
wasn't that cold (actually, Tuolumne Meadows was the coldest). However, if
you get all of your clothes wet, you could have some short time problems.
And you will still find mosquitoes. Whether you cover up or use Deet is your
preference.

I know what I took with me:
 Frogg Toggs top and pants which served as a wind breaker, rain suit, and
kept me warm if it was cool.
 100 weight fleece long sleeve top (the Frogg Toggs were fine for the pants)
  shorts
  polypropylene T shirt (short sleeves)
  fleece gloves and hat (used them in the valleys which were cooler)
  Deet

My wife had light weight nylon uncoated wind pants and top for bugs.

You may not know until you are on the trail.

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR
m.karon@attbi.com