[pct-l] Vegan food

I'm starting my hike in a week and a half and while I've been experimenting
with different foods, I haven't had much luck in finding something that I
really like. I'm hoping that somebody on this list more seasoned than myself
might give me a lead on something that would work. My caveats are, ordered by
their importance:
	The food must contain no animal products.
	It must be inexpensive.
	It must be light.
	It must be easily found in either a large grocery store or a smaller
"health-food" store with bulk-food bins.
	It must cook quickly in hot water, not requiring any amount of simmering or
soaking. Bonus points for anything that will hydrate in cold water.
	It must be palatable.
	It must be nutritious.

I've been experimenting with some 7-grain cereal for breakfast, and polenta,
couscous, and/or potato flakes for dinner. I've been so far unable to find
anything that could make a decent lunch, but I've found that the dried hummus
mix in the bulk-food aisle tastes great in just about anything (not to
mention it looks just like flour, making it virtually free).

James