Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:03:46 -0400
From: Nathan Goldfarb <natgold@ufl.edu>
To: "  pct-l" <"  pct-l"@mailman.backcountry.net>
Subject: [pct-l] foot pain

HI-

Looks like I might have a stress fracture in my foot, but we won't know
for a week when I get the bone scan.  What a bummer!  Our JMT hike is
planned for June 1, about 9.5 weeks after I think I hurt my foot.  The
P.A. at the school infirmary said if it was a stress fracture then our
hike was off.  He said it could take up to 8 months to heal.  But, I
have read 8- 10 weeks.  Does anyone have any exprience with this?? or
suggestions?   I can't explain how discouraging this is.

Thanks,

Nate