[pct-l] A few questions...

Hello all, let me introduce myself as this is my first posting.  My name is Shaun Carrigan, trail
name "shooter".  I'm section hiking this summer from Tehachapi (starting June 1-5) to Chester,
skipping ahead to castella (did Chester to Castella last summer) and hiking to Ashland.  It's a
little less than 1000 miles... anyway, I'm excited and have been preparing my gear list, and hoped
I could get some feedback from ya'll... PLus I have some other questions under the list I'd really
like answers to.

GEAR
bag 30-15    2,11 or 3,06
Bivy         2,01 or Silshelter- 16.5 + stakes
pad          0,11 or 1,10
pack (gust)  1,04

FIRST AID KIT
band-aids
codine
antibiotics
ibu
Tylenol
aspirin
big safety pin
alcohol pads

HYGIENE
antibacterial wet wipers
floss
toothbrush
Dr. brauns soap powder
toilet paper

BLISTER
moleskin
foot powder
duct tape
medical tape
second skin
small safety pin
dr. schools pads

COOKING
stove
titanium teakettle
lighter
spoon

CLOTHES
golite coal - 1,02
rei sahara pants
rei zip off arm shirt
2 pairs smart wool expedition
north face windproof vest
one pair silk undies
rei running shorts
boonie hat
warmie hat
poncho

EXTRA GEAR
Sunglasses
bandana      0,01
hiker        0,10 or iodine 0,03 or in-line filter
Tikka        0,03
knife        0,01
platy w hose 0,03
platy w cap  0,02
16 oz nalg   0,03
extra lighter

LUXURY ITEMS
dv camera
salsa and duane
digital camera
mp3/cd player
pocketmail

FLOATER
socks
meds
alcohol
stamps
addresses
AAA batteries
AA batteries
guidebook
lighters
paperback book

LAYOVER FLOATER
nitelight
crazycreek chair

Questions...

1. Alcohol stoves, how much fuel does it take to boil 16 oz of water?

2. Snow travel gear, should I bring a full ice axe or the new black diamond wippet handle(i know
how to use an axe, and use the BD trekking poles already)?

3. snow travel gear, boots or running shoes?

4. snow travel gear, full size traction devices (mini crampons) or just like a ball of your foot
crampon?

That's it for now, I'm sure I'll have a bunch later. My longest hike so far has been 160 miles in
12 days on trail, 22 miles on snow in a day was my longest... Oh and I finally graduate from
college May 25!