[pct-l] Monkey Butt

--
Monkey butt is the advanced phase of the aforediscussed mush butt -- at las=
t a subject on which I've developed some expertise.

Here's my formula -- works for me (after much trial and error).
1=2E Stretch mesh polyester boxers from REI (http://www.rei.com/online/stor=
e/ProductDisplay?productId=3D14361621&storeId=3D8000&catalogId=3D4000000800=
0&langId=3D-1 ).  You can get them periodically at REI Outlet for considera=
bly less money.  I carry two pair, change/rinse daily and air dry the clean=
 pair on my pack.
2=2E Clean the crotch thoroughly each evening with a sponge bath and an ant=
i-bacterial moist towelette.  (The towelettes I use are "Anti-bacterial Wet=
 Ones".  They come in a resealable travel pack with 15 towels; I use 1 a da=
y and pack out the used ones in a zip-lock.)  Then apply  Caldesene medicat=
ed powder to the crotch so everything's dry.  Don't let this get around, bu=
t I generally sleep without any shorts to keep my privates well ventilated.
3=2E In the morning apply an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal diaper cream to af=
fected areas as needed. (I use a prescription strength cream called "Triple=
 Diaper Mix" that my doc prescribed after I came in with a severe fungal in=
fection on my crotch following a long hike).  If I don't feel any irritatio=
n I don't bother with the cream.

Happy trails, Tom
Hobbit's Hiking Pages ( http://friends.backcountry.net/rogers/ )