[pct-l] (pct-1)Water caches

--
This is good advice.  In '97, I really would have appreciated a water cache
at Scissors Crossing, but it wasn't there.  There is plenty of water at
Scissors Crossing, but it runs out of a cow pasture.  Not your first choice,
but it had to do.

OTOH, and IMHO, and assuming you have reliable information that there is
water at Barrel Spring, I think that any true PCT thruhiker should deal with
the fact that there is no water between Scissors Crossing and Barrel Spring
and plan accordingly.  If some Trail Angel happens to take mercy upon you and
stash a cache at the third gate, leave it for those who screwed up.
_____