[pct-l] Border crossing and new stove ideas

--
 First , the Canook Government longer accepts drivers license as proof of
citizenship for U. S. citizens. You still need a birth cert.  or something
better to cross border and return( This qualifies as proof) Hikers from other
countries need a passport. ( Thinking is anyone can get a drivers license
from U.S. and not be a citizen)
   New stove ideas?? If you made one of those cool folding bike spoke stove
stands last week , your old Svea or Optimus 8R just got better!! On the 8R ,
you can leave the heavy blue metal box at home and fit the tank and burner in
your 1.4 liter titanium pot. Then throw in your folding pot stand and a piece
of windscreen.  Same goes for your Svea 123 . The design of the 8R works
better though because the tank is off set out to the side . I may even use a
folding spoke stand with my Optimus 111B  and cut the weight in half.
    The Optimus 8R is still going to be heavier than a homemade Alcohol stove
, but white gas has twice the BTU 's per ounce as alcohol so the extra weight
of this stripped down flame thrower is somewhat off set!!