[pct-l] lightweight mug?

--
In a message dated 4/6/2003 5:48:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time, natgold@ufl.edu
writes:

> Does anyone have a recommendation for a lightweight mug with top?  I
> currently am using a Campmor mug..which is made by Alladin.

I use a similar mug and except for my Lekis, it's the only piece of gear I
haven't changed out in the last 6 years.  Since I like coffee and hot
chocolate on the trail, it's well worth the 4.9 ozzz's, if you ask me.

A buddy of mine cuts a 20 oz plastic soda bottle down to size and they don't
even weight an ounce.  Of course, they have no insulating value or top, but
the weight and price is right.  If you choose to give one of them a try,
you'll want to add only boiling water the first time, as they're prone to a
small amount of shrinkage.  After that it should be fine.

Sly