[pct-l] Kountry Korners shuttle service

--
It's very expensive unless you have a number on the shuttle.   It cost me
$135 to get a pickup at Whitney Portal and a dropoff at Baxter Pass trailhead
(which was a bugger to cross).  They come from Bishop and charge for the
round-trip, regardless of where you get picked up or dropped off.   Call them
to verify.   June 1st is going to be early, but with the low snow level the
Horseshoe Meadows/Cottonwood Lakes trailheads should be open and rides
available.   About 3 miles down the road is Hang Glider Point, which always
has a number of cars coming and going.

In town, the Dow Villa Motel is the hub for out-of-towners coming in to hang
glide and for backpackers.   You should be able to snag a ride after your
re-supply.   Joseph's Market is a full-service market, with just about
everything you need.  Lone Pine Sporting Goods has a variety of stuff we use
and the Lone Pine Pharmacy is just as good as back home.   Plus, you have PJs
to chow down.

If you don't want to depend on a hitch, I'd call one of the motel operators
and ask if anyone would do a shuttle for $35-40.   <A HREF="http://www.lonepinechamber.org/";>
http://www.lonepinechamber.org/</A>  is the town's web page with a listing of
just about everything available.

John Randall