[pct-l] Fire and Snow in Section A

--
>From near Barrel Spring today I could see snow on the mountains to the nort=
h of Warner Springs and south in the San Felipe Hills. It was just a dustin=
g and appears to have mostly melted by the end of the day. Still, I'm posti=
ng this as a reminder that things change and BE PREPARED.

Barrel Spring was flowing into the trough. Most of the big trees that were =
burned are showing some new growth and, although there won't be a thick for=
est canopy there, the branches themselves will provide decent shade after t=
he long hike from Scissors Crossing.

I met with Jim who maintains the PCT from Barrel Spring to the Warner Sprin=
gs fire station. He told me he and the other volunteers have replaced most =
or all of the trail junction signs there and in the Lagunas that were burne=
d in the Pines Fire. Thanks, Jim, Pete, et al.

A couple benefits from the fire: The views are more open since the chappare=
l isn't in the way, and the wildflowers are blooming like maniacs right now.

For pictures of what the fire area looked like in August while they were st=
ill putting it out, go to my site www.4Jeffrey.Net and click on Pacific Cre=
st Trail and then Section A FIRE Maps.

AsABat