[pct-l] tehachapi to Kennedy Meadows

I hiked Tehachapi to Walker Pass in February. Can't say how it will be in a
couple weeks, but we made it through ok with a few stretches of thin snow.

Since I was mostly day hiking, water wasn't a problem. What I remember:

Golden Oaks Spring was trickling and the trough full but iced over.
Didn't visit Robin Bird Spring.
Small water cache at Kelso Valley Road - west of road - 4 gallons.
Two water caches at Bird Spring Pass:
1st about 1/4 mile south of pass - marked with sign - 10 5-gallon jugs.
2nd just north of pass - 4 gallons.
Seasonal stream mentioned before McIver Spring was flowing slowly.
Didn't visit McIvers Spring.
Water at Walker Pass Campgroun was OFF in February and March. I think it
gets turned on sometime in April but don't know.

Remember this was in February. Of course, don't count on caches.

I have a brief narrative and pictures at www.4Jeffrey.Net - click on Pacific
Crest Trail.

AsABat