[pct-l] Socks

Hi,

Part of what Wandering Bob wrote struck me:
Could it be that it is very good for your feet to air out and 'breathe'
every once in a while, and that this is as much part of the solution as
socks are?

We carry LIFA nylon socks as 'back up' or double socks whenever we feel it
would feel better and two pairs of smartwool light hikers (one to wear, one
to wash out and then sleep in). I wear relatively heavy hiking SHOES (not
boots, as someone pointed out it is more about the shank in the sole than
the over ankle protection) and my partner hikes in New Balance.

It helps my feet a lot to let them out of their confinement, have the wind
cool them down, massage the arches and ankles. Provided there are not too
many mosquitoes around, just waiting for warm sweaty flesh.... ;-)

Saskia

> From: wandering_bob@msn.com
Snip