[pct-l] Southern bears ya'll

Guy shot a bear in Campo couple years back. It sounded unnecessary, probably
could have scared it off.
I saw a bear at "creekside camp" in the data book. just past interstate 10
after Whitewater Canyon on my hike. I was getting water when I saw him
strolling  towards my pack. This was on a Sat. and I imagine he had good
luck with weekenders there before. Another hiker happened along and we were
laughing at this bear because although he thought he was hiding from us
behind a bush about a hundred ft. away his rear end was out in plain site.
My friends Tom and Don from Indiana had a bear smash tent poles at Arrastre
camp (before Big Bear)they had seen a note about a bear at this established
site and hung their food. Must've made the Bear mad and scared the hell out
of Tom who was sleeping in the tent at the time. Both incidents were in
2001.

Now to answer your question. I wouldn't worry about bears until around
Kennedy Meadows .I would be cautious and hang food if I was staying in an
established campsite around Big Bear and wouldn't stay at Arrastre camp

rogue