[pct-l] Re: Green Stickers - Money

but it makes it sound like the pcta is the official organization of
hikers and the trail and its not. I hope this group don't wind up like
the grand canyon backpackers and hikers association were has they go
down the trail they feel like they run the trail and tell people what to
do and what not to do. I say go to hell you don't run this trail I have
just has much right has you do to be here. last year I had one of the
head people from the grand canyon hikers and back packers organization
tell me to halt and tried to detain me because I had my dog in the
canyon. I said look your an idiot you don't know the law about service
dogs and you don't run the trail and I walked off. The applicin trail
organization does the same thing feel like they are the official reps of
the trail.

dsaufley@sprynet.com wrote:

>--
>I happy to let you know that Joe from the PCTA, along with Tim Stone who r=
epresents the Trail in the Nat'l Forest system, have been in our area just =
these last few days (they stayed with us in our hiker heaven).  They were w=
orking on the trail relocation project (acquiring land to move the trail of=
f the road), and  addressing the heavy motorcyle damage with local forest a=
uthorities. They did the same thing up in the Jawbone Canyon area before ar=
riving in Agua Dulce.  They are hiking the section between Bouquet Canyon a=
nd Sierra Highway today to survey the damage we've been reporting.

>Having someone like Tim, who truly cares about the Trail, working at the N=
at'l Forest level is an incredible benefit for this all all PCT issues.  Th=
is is proof of your P.C.T.A. membership dollars at work to protect and impr=
ove the Trail!

>If any of you out there are not P.C.T.A. members yet, please do join this =
worthwhile organization.  Joining will truly help to defend and preserve th=
e Trail.