[pct-l] Rain Gear Reccomendations???

--
In a message dated 3/27/03 12:43:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, AV8TORX@aol.com
writes:

> ... has anyone found a really lightweight waterproof jacket?

I'm very impressed with my Montane anorak that I bought on the AT last year.
It weighs 3.6 oz (size XXL) including the little stuff sack that is about
fist-size.  The jacket is waterproof, made from Pertex nylon.  Obviously, it
provides no warmth but makes a decent windbreaker with a fleece layer
underneath.  It lost much of its water-repellency after a lot of use and
dirt, but a machine-washing and Nikwax treatment made it as good as new.
Cost about $50 in Hot Springs, NC, if memory serves.  I used it mostly on
days when cold wind or light rain didn't justify pulling out the poncho.