[pct-l] MRE's and Lurps

--
 MRE's I think have 3,500 cal. in them. BUT it takes 3,000 cals. of energy to
open all the packages and after two days half the volume of your pack will be
empty MRE packages.
    Lurps? I bought some last summer at a junk store( looking for stoves and
lanterns) I think they were made about 1973 . The candy bars had turned an
off white color and tasted like soap.  But the rest of this 30 year old food
tasted better than I remember our hot lunches at high school being.
   MRE's for the thu-hiker would be a poor choice. Lurps, I've been told
,haven't been made for years now.