[pct-l] Why I live in Washington

This picture pretty much sums up why I love living here in Washington.

http://mindpoison.org/images/2003/march/mountainloop/big_four_ridge.jpg

Took it this Friday evening while waiting for our chili to cook while
camping across the valley from Big Four Mountain (this is the east ridge, I
think), near the Mountain Loop Highway.

It's going to be interesting leaving the scenery I love for several months,
only to end up back here with my backyard as the icing on my PCT attempt.

I'm also going to miss my cast-iron Dutch oven... but I figure even drilling
holes in it won't make it light enought to pack with me, though it might
make it a Dutch colander!

On a side note, we were able to get much further up Mountain Loop than I've
been able to this early in the season. We were in a little Honda, and made
it withing a couple miles of Barlow Pass. Snow seems to be melting off
quickly, and we got to spend Saturday morning watching avalanches crashing
down the mountain for hours.

Gray, chuckling over the image of carrying that heavy thing strapped to my
pack for 2600 miles