[pct-l] Matt's equipment questions

In a message dated 3/30/03 12:44:22 PM, yogilists@hotmail.com writes:

<< Sorry, Dave, but perhaps you should re-read my post.  I've never read Brian
Robinson's stuff.  Yes, I agree that it does rain in Washington.  I believe
my post stated that it doesn't rain much on the PCT, not that it doesn't
rain at all.  I know many hikers who had rain all thru Washington.

Some people probably do wear boots on the PCT.  I simply stated that I've
never met a PCT thru-hiker who wore boots.  Every gear choice is a PERSONAL
choice, and I'm not demanding that Matt wear running shoes.

Just trying to point out that it might be a mistake to hike through
Washington thinking that, using your words, it doesn't rain much on the PCT.
Besides, what does it matter to a tarp person whether it rains or not. I've
read here that they are actually better in the rain than a tent.  This is not
true? I wouldn't know since I use a tent
 And I didn'y imply that you were demanding anything. Just giving a personal
observation, just as you are doing. I gave up long ago on recommending
footware because 1. Everybody's feet are different, and 2. Your feet aren't
my problem. People with trashed feet have my sympathy, but there ain't a
whole lot I can do about it.