[pct-l] yogi's resupply strategy - VVR

--
In a message dated 3/29/03 8:02:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
yogilists@hotmail.com writes:

> Personally, I'd skip the Kearsarge Pass trip the next time because I don't
> want to walk an extra 18 miles off-trail.

Another option is to carry food from KM for the 45 miles to Cottonwood Pass.
Go to Lone Pine for resupply, then hike back in over Whitney, climbing it on
the way.  The down side is that you skip the 16.7 miles between Cottonwood
and Crabtree, the up side is that you don't have to do the extra miles
roundtrip from Crabtree to Whitney and back.  Not a strategy for purists.

No Way