[pct-l] Border , have a copy of your birth Cert.

I have a military ID, which is just as official as any pass port. It allows
me entry to military bases, and also serves as my insurance card - I had it
with me on my AT hike and will have it on the PCT (b/c it's my insurance
card).

Does anyone know if this is acceptable ID? It's plastic, so I think it will
fare better than a paper certificate.

I can't imagine they would give me any trouble if I had this and my driver's
license... But do any of you have experience using this type of card at
border crossings?

Thanks,

Brad