[pct-l] JMT - 3 Questions

Hi Susan
I did that same route last September (except I didn't
come out for a resupply).
You can get a permit and a bear canister in Bishop at
the USFS station. Check out the website (I don't have
the address, but search for Inyo National Forest)for
space availability (but I don't think you will have
any trouble going in at Bishop Pass after Labor Day).
I was there the second week of September and had
perfect hiking weather!  It was not too cold at night
and the daytime temps were warm enough for a tee
shirt.
However, I was prepared for colder weather as it can
snow in September...
It was an incredibly beautiful section of trail - I
plan to go back again soon.
If you want more details from my hike - feel free to
email me privately.
Katy