[pct-l] resupplying this summer

At 08:40 AM 3/27/03, CMountainDave@aol.com wrote:
>  While preparing for a thru hike is a lot of fun and great mental exercise, I
>would keep a lot of flexibility in my plan.

In this time of war, a couple of war quotes come to mind that pertain to a
PCT hike.

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but
planning is indispensable." and  "No plan survives the first contact intact."

There is a huge amount of information available about your hike and you
need some sort of focus in organizing it, so you plan making your decisions
based assumptions and educated guesses. Consider as many options as you can
think of.

When you actually set foot on the trail, your assumptions and educated
guesses will be replaced by experience. You should be ready to change your
plans to match the new facts as they become available. If you have done
your planning well, you will still have those options floating around in
the back of your mind and you won't have to start over from zero again.

YMMV, HYOH