From: Jeffrey J. Olson
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 10:09 AM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Sonora Pass PO address?

If you are doing a section hike, South Lake Tahoe to Yosemite and beyond,
and have time to drop food off, you can hang food from a tree at Sonora
Pass.  I did this once, and it was there when I came through.  Of course I
used screen on the outside of the stuff sack to keep the squirrels out,
which also worked.  There is enough of a forest there to do this...  There
is also a garbage can at the pass to get rid of stuff...

Jeff Olson
Laramie Wyoming